What you need to know about the Blue Cross Weekly Lottery
Weekly Lottery rules
“Blue Cross”, “we”, “us” and “our” shall be a reference to Blue Cross, registered charity number 224392 (England and Wales) and SC040154 (Scotland)
“entrants” “you” and “your” means a person entering into the Blue Cross Weekly Lottery
1) The cost of each entry is £1. Entrants may purchase more than one entry, payment must be in advance. Only entries for which full payment has been made will be eligible to win a prize. Blue Cross is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
2) Entrants accept that Blue Cross are the promoter of the Weekly Lottery which is regulated by the Gambling Commission under legislation laid down in the Gambling Act 2005 as amended. Responsible Person – Sally de la Bedoyere CEO, Blue Cross, Shilton Road, Burford OX18 4PF. By purchasing an entry and entering into the Blue Cross Weekly Lottery you agree to these terms and conditions.
3) You agree and warrant that:
3.1 you are aged 18 or over;
3.2 you will not buy or purport to buy an entry in this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 18;
3.3 you will provide accurate entry information, including your name and personal address; and
3.4 you are not an employee of Blue Cross, the External Lottery Manager or anyone else directly connected or responsible for running the Lottery.
Blue Cross may request that you confirm and substantiate your compliance with this clause 3.. Any person found not meeting the requirements in clause 3 will be disqualified from the Weekly Lottery and automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
4) Lottery number(s) will be confirmed by post within 21 days. No ticket will be supplied.
5) The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
6) The winners will be published on www.bluecross.org.uk/lottery and will be available from the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 01628 821 986. Results will be available from the next working day following the draw.
7) Prizes for the Weekly Lottery are published on the Blue Cross website www.lottery.bluecross.org.uk/winners. There are no alternatives to any prize, and no interest will be payable. Winners of prizes will be notified and sent payment by BACs within 14 days of the draw or payment by cheque within 21 days of the draw. Where the Winners cannot be contacted after 90 days, the prize money will be treated as a Blue Cross donation. Any cheques remaining uncashed for over 6 months will be cancelled and the prize withdrawn.
8) All Lottery entrants are automatically entered into our quarterly Super Draw/ Blue Cross Raffles, for the chance to win a jackpot prize of £10,000.
9) All profits from the Weekly Lottery will be used for the charitable purposes of Blue Cross.
10) No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post, including any cheques sent in the post.
Blue Cross reserves the right to use the winner’s name for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs. Smith from Berkshire
12) Blue Cross or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) refuse to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the Lottery scheme. Blue Cross or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made pursuant to the rules shall, once made, be final and binding. All entrants are solely responsible for providing and (where necessary) updating the promoter with their accurate and up to date contact details and the promoter will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any member due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the member has provided.
13) The rules are subject to change by Blue Cross or its External Lottery Manager. The latest copy of the rules is always available on the following webpage – https://lottery.bluecross.org.uk/rules.
14) Blue Cross operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure. If you have a complaint you can ring our Weekly Lottery team on 01628 821 986 or email email@example.com. If you are unhappy with the way a complaint is resolved you can contact the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS acts as an impartial adjudicator on disputes that arise between betting/gambling operators and their customers.
15) Blue Cross is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the Blue Cross website www.lottery.bluecross.org.uk or request from the Weekly Lottery Helpline number.
Promoter: Sally de la Bedoyere, Blue Cross, Shilton Road, Burford, OXON, OX18 4PF.
Blue Cross is a charity registered in England and Wales (224392) and in Scotland (SC040154).
For full terms and conditions visit www.bluecross.org.uk/lottery.
Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Please gamble responsibly. Problem gambling support: The National Gambling Helpline on 0808 802 0133 (lines open 8am to midnight) www.begambleaware.co.uk
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Blue Cross will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Blue Cross to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Blue Cross or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Blue Cross asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.